Gum disease is a big dental problem. A lot of people may already be dealing with it and not know, but there are ways that one can protect and correct, such conditions – and it all begins with good oral hygiene.
The Onset of Disease
Plaque accumulates in the teeth and mouth on a daily basis. Plaque forms when food (broken down into carbohydrates or starch) combines with saliva and the inherent bacteria. A film of plaque coats the teeth on a daily basis and unless this is successfully removed by one’s observance of proper oral hygiene measures, it will accumulate on the teeth and gums calcify and harden. Calcified plaque is much harder to remove. They cling to the surface of the teeth and collect in the calculus between the teeth and gums, to disrupt the fibers.
Sign And Symptoms Of Receding Gums
- The first signs of disease manifest as bleeding of gums that may also present some pain, pus formation, and swelling.
- Soft tissue attachment is lost, and the gums give off a sight and a smell of unhealthy, thus suggesting gums recession.
Gums recession is a reversible condition, which means that with proper oral hygiene and dental scaling, the condition can be resolved and the health of the teeth and gums can be restored and brought back to normal. When the disease is allowed to progress — when the plaque is left to accumulate, and the bacteria is permitted to spread, even the bone will be infected, and significant bone support will be lost around the teeth. The bone that supposedly holds the teeth in place will be lost so that the teeth will become loose. At this point, the patient is already dealing with periodontitis, which is serious and sometimes, irreversible.
Top 5 Natural Remedies To Regrow Receding Gums At Home
At first glance, gum disease does not seem so ominous, but since there is the risk of losing teeth because of receding gums,then proper measures have to be taken to resolve the condition effectively.
- At home, techniques will involve proper diligence in the observance of oral hygiene measures. This shall include regular teeth brushing, flossing and mouth rinsing. One should learn how to thoroughly clean the mouth, to properly get rid of plaque before it causes bigger problems in the mouth.
- For prevention and treatment, a visit to the dentist for dental cleaning and scaling is essential. This should be observed every six months or more frequent if the need is greater. Cleaning and scaling will rid the mouth of plaque that causes gum disease. If you receive regular scaling, you preserve the condition of the mouth and help to restore health.
- For more extreme cases, normal scaling may not be enough. When the infection has spread to the bones, the treatment may involve the incision of the gum tissue to be able to reflect the deeper area of the alveolar bone or the level of the roots, so that accumulated plaque can be removed.
- When there is an extreme bone loss, and the teeth have become loose, this can be resolved through bone grafting and gum grafting. The void space can be filled with graft and allow the bone to heal around it properly. Such a treatment is given to teeth that can still be saved. If the condition is deemed hopeless, however, tooth extraction may be the only answer, followed by the fabrication of prosthesis.
So, if you have any concerns, the sooner you get you your dentist, the better!
- Nature Smile is a 100% successful treatment to regrow receding gums at home. Just brush twice a day with NS gum balm and you’ll see your gum line growing back to normal position in no time!